Saturday, July 02, 2005

Happy Canada Day!/Bonne Fete du Canada!

What a lovely Canada Day. It was actually less scorchingly hot than usual which was very considerate of the weather because that meant that my friends and I could fly a kite at the park without melting into little puddles on the grass.

After the outdoor merriness we went back to Kathryn's for a nutrituous lunch of KFC and the plans of a bbq later that night. Dave and Emerson had things to do before then, so Kathryn and I were left to our own devices: those devices being to pop popcorn and watch 28 Days Later, which I didn't find scary at all but still rather enjoyed. At this point, the boys all started calling to say that they couldn't come for the bbq, so it was just the two of us drinking sangrias until our respective boyfriends arrived.

Here's how MY boyfriend arrived. When he got to Kathryn's he called me on my cell phone to say he was just outside so I went to go open the door for him. But the doorstep was empty. I ventured out onto the driveway and finally the sidewalk, trying to figure out where he was. It was pitch black out, with only a few suburban streetlamps to show me the way. After a few minutes of asking him where he was, Nyron ran at me from the side of the house. He was wearing dark coloured clothes and has black hair and brown skin, so he just looked like a blur - just how the Infected people look in the movie. No one has ever made me scream that loudly and that genuinely since I was a little girl. I will get him back for that someday.

I hope everyone else had as fun a Canada Day as I did. And if you're not Canadian, too bad you missed it. : )

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home