Thursday, July 07, 2005

How long does it take to build a bloody house?!

The house next door to me has been under construction for over 2 years. 2 summers ago they tore the existing house down and poured the foundation. Last summer they worked on the house and were still working on it when I left for England. It never occured to me that they'd still be working on it when I cam back, but they are. That 3 summers in a row that I've been woken up at 7:30 in the morning by powertools on the other side of my bedroom wall. When will it end?

To put in puspective just how slow this is, a lot down the street from me which was completely vacant and untouched since its previous occupants (a convenience store and a pub) were domolished has now become a dozen finished townhouses, a dozen almost finished townhouses, and 2 or 3 dozen townhouses in various stages of completion. I miss waking up to sounds other than buzz saws.

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home