Thursday, July 21, 2005

Impromtu job interview

This morning I received a call asking me if I had a few minutes for a phone interview. Don't worry, it was all legit; it was for a job I actually applied for. It was just a little strange to be one minute sitting watching tv, the next answering questions about my job experience. But I kept my cool and hopefully I'll get a call-back (I feel like an actress!) to come in for an interview.

I got asked the two questions I hate to get at interviews: What makes you stand out among the other applicants and, How much do you want this position to pay you. I hate those questions. I can't very well say "nothing makes me stand out" but I çan never think of anything to say, so I usually give some trite answer about my relevant experience or positive attitude or something like that. As for the wage question, how the hell am I supposed to know what they're willing to pay me? Especially since the last admin position I've worked was for my parents and I wasn't exactly getting minimum wage since it was just for spending money.

Oh well. I hope I get this job. It's for an IT company that does web design and customer support. It would be a great way to learn a bit about web design.

o( )__

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can usually BS the first question, but the second...ugh! I usually say something like "your standard starting fee is acceptable" or, if I'm not quite sure how much they pay, "In the area of *however much I'm earning at the time*".

Best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home