Saturday, July 09, 2005

Kitty foster home

A woman on freecycle sent out a request for cat stuff. It seems that she and her boyfriend have decided to become foster cat parents. They are going to house cats (along with keeping their own) so that they don't have to live in horrid little cages while awaiting adoption.

I think this is such a wonderful idea and curse the various circumstances that keep me from following her lead. I'm not so much worried about Spirit - she's become quite used to other cats coming in and out of her life - but I can't very well start taking in foster cats when I don't know how much longer I'll be living here. WhenI mentioned it to Nyron as a possiblilty for when we're more settled he says he doesn't want me to become a crazy cat lady. Silly Nyron. Cat lady's are only "crazy cat lady's" when they live alone. clearly we'd be the "crazy cat couple". : )

I've decided that since I can't foster cats myself I'm going to help out this crazy cat couple. In a book in the Pets section of the bookstore where I used to work I once saw a project for turning odd socks into pet beds by filling them with fibrefill and sewing them together in a circle. I have quite a few odd socks lying around, so I think I'll give it a shot. If it works I may send out an APB for odd socks.

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home