Saturday, August 20, 2005

And now the construction has moved to my house

I haven't heard construction sounds from next door in a while now. It's been nice to be able to sleep past 7am without having to ignore the sounds of machismo-increasing power tools coming in my bedroom window.

That doesn't mean that Im enjoying peace and quiet, however. The sale on the house closed yesterday and at this very moment the buyer is downstairs with a friend starting his remodling of the basement. Spirit is the only one of the cats who seems unconcerned by the steccato bangs and crashes that vibrate the floor. The other two our hiding valiantly under the armchair (although Sebastian spends most of his time there, anyway). Oh well. I'm moving as soon as I can find a place which hopefully won't be too long. Come to think of it, the 3 straight summers of noise pollution coming from next door has made this seem almost like a series of soft whispers drifting up from the basement. Maybe if I get tired the vibrations will lull me to sleep.

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home