Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I can't wait to move

On occation I have made jokes about how my house is making me sick. "I'm allergice to my house" was my MSN Messenger sign-in name for a week after I got back home. It turns out, I may have been closer to the truth than I realized.

I'd always known about the mold in the house and the fact that it was very likely one of the "bad kinds" that make people sick. This has since been confirmed by the appraiser who was in last week. Now it turns out that some of the insulation in the attic is asbestos-based, one of the most contagious kinds. All last week my house has been a revolving door of inspectors and contractors making estimates. I just got a call today from one of the real estate agents who called to warned me not to go into the room with the attack hole and to keep the door closed.

The good news is, he's anxious to find me a new place to move into asap, which is perfectly fine by me! The sale closes on the 19th and soon after the buyer will be in to start doing renos. Another good thing is that we're trying to find a way to block off the basement so that he can work, which means forcing my 2 new adopted cats to get used to living on the main floor and I can stop worrying about them getting stuck somewhere downstairs or getting sick from all the mold.

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home