Saturday, August 06, 2005

On the road again

The waiting and suspence is over. I am moving once again. My parents accepted an offer on the house and I will be out of here as soon as I can find a town house in my price range. I'm not sure if my parents are planning on buying it and renting it to me or if they'll just cough up the rent until I get a job. I still have to call Joe the Real Estate Guy and figure it all out.

I had a job interview the other day and it didn't go so well. I didn't get the job because of my results on a spelling test! Can you believe it? I'm sure at that moment one of my old English teachers smiled and suddenly thought, 'I told you so' without really knowing why. I think the reason I did so poorly is because I'm not used to having to spell check a list of words and say which ones are wrong. I'm used to seeing words in prose and in that context it makes much more sense to me. The words that I didn't pick up on are words I know and would have caught if they were in context and not standing alone. Oh well, no use playing a game of shoulda-coulda-woulda, it's done. Moving on.

Tim's still here, although my mom went home on Monday. My grandmother's also still here but she's staying at my cousin's so we haven't seen her much. Tim and I have spent most of our time watching movies, playing PS2 and getting stoned. I've had to stop smoking pot, though, because my lungs are bad enough as it is. Sorry everyone, but looks like I'll be a second-hand smoker from now on.

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home