Sunday, August 28, 2005

Where will I live?

The real estate agents have finally turned their attention to me and have sent me a list of listings (that sounds redundant, but it isn't) of properties on the market. I've been pretty much talked into giving up on a townhouse and going for a condo instead. The pros: It's smaller, so easier to clean; There's a possibility that I'll find one with an exercise room/pool; I can think of myself as one of those "hip young professionals" that condos seems to be marketed towards; There's a good chance that it'll be less than 50 years old (unlike many of the townhouses in this city). The cons: It's smaller, so I won't have as much room and will have to be more organized; No backyard and very likely no balcony or even kitchen window; Many condominiums don't allow pets, so that severely narrows my search (not to mention eliminates a lot of the really nice ones downtown); No front porch on which to sit with a glass of lemonade and my knitting, serenely waving at my neighbours (not that I do that now, but I'd like to).

The way I think of it, it's only for a few years. After that Nyron and I will probably be moving to England or getting ready to buy our own house or something equally adult like that.

I've asked the agent to set me up with appointments to see 4 of them on Tuesday so Nyron can come too. My cousin Sharon also drove me around yesterday and we discovered some condos that weren't on the list for me to inquire about. I'll let you know how it turns out as this blog becomes The Great Condo Hunt.

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home