Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Back in this old house

Wow. Staying at Nyron's really brought to life just how much this house isn't a home. In fact, I don't think it's ever really been a home, just a place I've stayed in intermittenly for the last 4 years. Especially now that the house has sold and my residency is subject to the whim of the new owner, I'm really yearning for a place I can settle in. Mom and Dad are dragging their feet, though, bound and determined not to let a single possible property go uninvestigated. I've found one that I quite like at Lakeshore and 12th St (so anyone who thought my current place was too far away to visit me, I'll definitely never see again) but it has a closing date of early December so I'll still need to find a place for the time in between. Even though I'm supposed to have residency of this house until November, the new owner is planning to move his family in here at the end of the month. Anyone know a pet-friendly place I can sub-let for a few months?

On the job front I might be getting close to having full-time employment. I aplied for a receptionist/event planner position at an international language school and I was chosen as one of the Final Three. I went into the office yesterday for a final interview and the candidate will be chosen sometime today or tomorrow. Of course, I really want this job - it seems like a really fun, relaxed environment and I'd get to plan day trips and events as well as do all the regular office stuff - but at the same time part of me hopes I don't get it, or better, that the decision is further delayed. Nyron and I have had a road-trip to Nova Scotia planned for months. If I get this job, I'll probably have to start right away. I don't get any vacation time until I've been working there for 6 months, so I'll not get to see my family until March. Also, I've been really hoping that Dad and Nyron can meet soon so that Dad can get used to him and stop resisting our relationship. It'll be much harder for my dad to see Nyron as a stereotype once he's recognized him as a human being. Mostly, I've just been really looking forward to the road trip part and to also hopefully seeing my friend Sarah in New Brunswick who I haven't seen in years.

0( )__

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be beyond awesome to see you too - and finally we could meet each other's respective, er, others! Yes, that sentence is perfectly sound and grammatically correct. It is. Indeed. I mean it's only been, what? Eight years?
O_o Wow... *is awed*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home