Friday, September 02, 2005

If you need me, I'm in Brampton

On Monday morning the new owner informed me that he wanted to sand and re-stain the floors in the house and I had to be out, with my cats, by that night and come back Friday. It took me a while to find all three cats since one of them had found a new hiding spot that I was too short to discover on my own (I thought he'd escaped through a window the owner had left open that morning and spent the whole day worried sick about him. Damn cat). After traumatizing the kittens with a half hour drive up to Mississauga (and they traumatized us by peeing on the back seat of Nyron's car) we dropped them off at a cat hotel and Nyron brought me home to stay with him for a while.

I'm actually quite enjoying myself here. Nyron's place is much nicer and cozier than mine. They have full cable where I only have basic and there's a koi pond in the backyard where I usually spend the afternoons reading - my prefered literature at the moment is chick lit, especially Madeleine Wikham (aka Sophie Kinsella). Most importantly his parents don't seem to mind having me here and I certainly do my best to clean up after myself and stay out of their way. Especially since I'll be staying here longer than expected. I got a call from the new owner last night saying he just now got the first of three coats of stain down and that I have to stay away until at least Monday.

This whole house situation is getting ridiculous. Ridonculous, even! First of all, it says nowhere in the contract that he can kick me out for a week to do renovations and had I been kept up-to-date on the particulars of the contract I would have informed him of such at the time. Secondly, he also mentioned last night that he's planning on moving his family into the house in the second week of September: a whole month before he's supposed to. I'm not even close to having a place to live yet, but they've already rented out their old house. He even told the real estate agent that I could live in the basement and babysit his kids! What a jerk!

Right now that's neither here nor there as I sit in the sun next to a bubbling koi pond and read girly novels. I'm dealing with everything as it comes the best I can and trying not to worry about where I'm going to live two weeks from now.

0( )__

1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can babysit his kids (jerk!), you can corrupt his kids. Have a word with him about this contract. Rented house or no, if the contract prevents him moving in before X date, he can't move in before X date unless you agree. Betcha he's thinking 'hm, young single girl in her early 20's, she'll be too innocent to know better!'

You know, I don't think I ever told you that Edgar Allan Poe's 'The Black Cat' gave me my first ever bout of week long insomnia, and followed that up with a week of nightmares. Not that that has anything to do with children, of course. I'd never think that way. *blinks innocently*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home