Monday, September 26, 2005

Just what I needed!

Nyron and I just got back from a week-long trip to Nova Scotia to visit my family. More importantly than just a visit, this trip was also to introduce Nyron to my father who hadn't met him yet. Ooooh, pressure! But all went well and my dad seems to actually like Nyron! Like any true father, he's never liked any of my boyfriends. This is especially meaningful given that Joe the real estate agent actually had the complete lack of diplomacy and understanding as to mention directly to my father that we are planning to get married! Even knowing that, my dad still seems to approve.

Our trip was the most relaxing trip home I've had since I moved (not including the strained and exhausting 22 hour drive each way, of course! We only had 3 days in Nova Scotia so we tried to make the most of it. My parents took us out to Peggy's Cove and I took Nyron shopping on Spring Garden Rd and for a walk up Citadel Hill and to the Maritime Museum. It was so wonderful not to have to worry about where I'm going to live or packing my entire house into one little room.

Tonight I'm moving into a residence hotel downtown. It's a hotel that operates at a reduced rate and caters to students. It's much cheaper than staying in a proper hotel, although it lacks some of the amenities like an en suite bathroom and a tv. It does, however, have an excersize room, so I'll get at least a few months of regular excersize in before the winter slows my metabolism.

=^_^=

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Joe said...

it's spelled exercise. Honestly, I need an answer. How could you have gotten through so much schooling, specializing in English and be such an atrocious speller???

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Divinity said...

I thought that too... but was too tactful to mention it... :) It's the thoughts that count.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home