Saturday, October 29, 2005

When beavers get the flu...

I've had the flu since Wednesday. Despite throwing up that morning (in the sink, because the bathroom in the residence is too far away for me to have made it) I still dragged my ass down to work and worked most of the day before my boss made me go home. Why risk making myself worse just to go to work? you might ask. Because it beat the hell out of staring at the same 4 walls of the Shoebox (which is what I've been calling my residence room) for hours on end. That is, in fact, exactly what I ended up doing on Thursday and it nearly drove me crazy. The worst was when I finished knitting Nyron's mom's scarf, because then I really had nothing to do.

I'm better now, although the evil being that lives in my lungs and gives me bronchitis every year has gleefully taken this bout of the flu as an opportunity to bring back my cough with a vengence. This particular cough is one that I have had since last spring when I was still in England and had just managed to get rid of a few weeks ago. Damn. Oh well. This lovely sunny Saturday and the two Matt B comics that I found at The Beguiling should do well to cheer me up.

0( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home