Thursday, November 24, 2005

One Week! (and not the Barenaked Ladies song)

One week from today I move into my new place! I'm more excited for this than Christmas! After all, what's Christmas but a day to spend with family and get gifts? We're talking about a home here! A home where I can unpack my stuff and not have to pack it all up again in a few months. A home where I can have fabulous parties with fabulous people. A home where I can actually get to know more than two of my neighbours. I just can't wait.

I have to start packing up my stuff in the Shoebox tonight so that I can move most of it out on the weekend. Ultimately, by Wednesday I should have nothing in that room but my overnight bag so that I can check out in the morning and take the streetcar straight out. "Out" will have to be to the storage facility at first, rather than the townhouse because it seems I won't be getting the keys until after 2:30 in the afternoon. For some reason there's only so much preperation that the lawyers can do beforehand, everything - all the payments and forms - don't go through until the day of, which slows things down considerably. But even such beurocracy can't spoil my mood about moving in!

As soon as I get settled we'll have to immediately start planning our Christmas party. Stay tuned for details!

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home