Thursday, November 17, 2005

Oops! Clumsy me!

Yesterday I had a clumsy day. Have you ever had one of those? Where the conncetion between your brain and the rest of your body feels faulty and everything you pick up drops? Yesterday was one of those days.

It started out with spilling Tim Horton's tea on my shirt. Twice. Then, I spilled it all over the desk and onto my keyboard. All this within the first half hour of being at work. It took 15 minutes to soak up all the tea in the keyboard by poking the corners of sheets of Kleenex between the keys. Then, I hit the side of my calf with my ankle and made a hole in my nylons with the zipper of my lovely tan-coloured boots. I asked my boss for some clear nail polish, but luckily she had a set of emergency nylons in her desk.

All these little acts of failed dexterity culminated in one final act of clumsiness. We received a large Grocery Gateway order of coffee creamer and sugar for the lounges exactly 2 minutes before the student break started. I hate when they do this (although they really have no way of knowing what our schedule is) because it means that all these boxes are cluttering up the lounge right in front of the counter and blocking the students' way. So I was in a bit of a rush to try and put it all away before they decended on the lounge like coffee-starved locusts. I put together a box of a dozen bottles of creamer and 4 large bags of sugar - in retrospect, way too heavy for one load - and lifted it to take it downstairs. I didn't lifet with my legs, nor did I lift with my back; I lifted, instead, with my shoulders. I don't recomend it as an alternative. I had a previous injury in the main muscle of my left shoulder (the trapezial muscle, I believe it's called) and so it immediately protested to this undue abuse, especially since I continued to take all the boxes downstairs in spite of it all. Needless to say, that was the last clumsy act of the day, owing to the fact that I had to move too gingerly to give myself the opportunity. Nyron came over that night with some muscle rub and kisses and made me feel better.

Today, through a mixture of muscle rub and pain killers, I feel much better. In fact, much better than I thought I would. Nyron has the whole weekend off starting tomorrow and I was heartbroken to think I'd be an invalid the whole time. My mood has been further improved by the fact the one of the students made me an entire family of paper cranes for my desk: Mother, Father, Big Sister and Baby.

o( )__

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Synergy said...

I found you!
You sound amazingly S.E.X.Y.!

And I made it a point to say so
on my blog at;
http://syncan.blogspot.com/

Keep in touch!

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger madmuffin said...

Dude, don't hit on my girlfriend.

Cheers.
_N

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Synergy said...

LOL, damn... The good ones are
ALWAYS taken aren't they!

Doh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home