Saturday, December 31, 2005

The longest/shortest week I've ever worked

Last week was only 3 days long; well, the work week, anyway. It was lovely to have a week and a half off for Christmas. It meant that I got a day to relax and regroup after my trip home, but it also meant I had more catch-up to deal with when I did get to work. This is something I'd never experienced working in retail; when you come back from vacation, you don't have to do anything but exactly what you were doing before you left.

3 days was not nearly enough to do everything that I wanted to get done. My boss and I had planned on spending the bulk of our time organizing the supply room. Needless to day, none of that got done. Oh well.We'll just have to go back to trying to do it bit by bit while people come in every few minutes and mess it up again. One thing I did finally get around to doing was reorganize my new desk the way I like it. The woman who worked on the front desk with me is moving to Switzerland, so I became the lead Front Desk person. Sure, it sounds like a promotion, but it's really just more work for the same pay. But, I got to move over to her side of the desk, which is about twice as big. Mmmmm, space!

So what is everyone doing for New Year's Eve tonight? I have no idea what Nyron and I are doing. He's not exactly the "plan ahead" type. He'd rather be spontaneous. I'd rather have reservations. We're both rather broke after Christmas, so we'll most likely stay home, order pizza and watch the British countdown on BBC, which I get for the next month for free with my cable package.

I currently have roughly 400 channels. My free preview endes early February, and I don't think I'll bother to renew. There are a few channels We might purchase individually, like the BBC channels and maybe Book TV (it has another month to impress me), but most of the channels are the exact same as the regular 60 that we get. I mean, the exact same! Showing the same shows, sometimes even at the exact same time. Why would I pay an extra 20 bucks for that?

I hear a garage door opening. It's either Nyron or the neighbours (in a townhouse, it can be hard to tell). Hope everyone has a great New Year!

0( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home