Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006

So how was everyone's New Years? Our's was great. Nice and relaxing, and we even managed to leave the house.

First we went to Canadian Tire and Ikea for some house stuff. Well, actaully, we went to Canadian Tire for house stuff, Ikea was for browsing - we can't really afford furniture right now. But we did really well at the CT. It's amazing how I ever got along without little things like baking sheets and a cutlery drawer sorter - you try making chicken fingers in an aluminum roasting pan. Then we came home and relaxed on the couch and watched some Black Adder and a Hitchcock film from the boxed-set I got Nyron for Chrismtas. Nyron went to a fine food store downtown before coming over the other day and we still had some deli turkey and roast beef and some really nice french bread left for dinner. Mmmmm, good! You can put whatever gourmet ingredients you like on a sandwich but if it's smooshed between to pieces of preservative-laden Dempsters your sandwich will still taste like shit. At least, that's my humble opinion.

After a few hours of that I started feeling a little restless, so we caught up with some friend who were drinking in the Red Room downtown. That was fun. It's mostly people I don't get to see often because they're initially Nyron's friends, but I'd certianly like to see more of them. And there were new people that neither of us had met, which is alway exciting. We had our own little Idea City conference at the table, discussing various ways to save the world in the new year. It was a blast.

Today is more pratical. I've been getting a lot of house work done and watching the almost complete lack of entertainment on TV. I even discovered that I get the SexTV channel, but I have yet to see any sex. I'd say, "What a rip off" if I wasn't getting the channel for free. You get what you pay for, I guess.

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home