Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Oh, how I want these!

OK, I know that a major part of living environmentally is to cut down on consumption (shopping) so as to reduce the energy, transportation , and packaging costs of new items, but considering the state of my year + old Converse All Stars, I think I can get away with coveting these:

These shoes, by Worn Again in the UK, are made of old prison blankets, jeans, army uniforms, silk parashutes, recycled plastic and all kinds of other "trash". And aren't they just beautiful? Sigh. I think I'm in love. To bad they don't have any distribution in Canada, but I've emailed them to find out where in the States they are sold. Anyone up for some border shopping?

o( )__

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger canadian sadie said...

Those are amazing! And funky looking too! Let me know the website where you found them? I have a friend who's an EBAY junkie--I may see if she can find some on there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home