Thursday, May 18, 2006

Kanye would be proud

Nyron, the king of finding great stuff on the internet, came across this jewelry website by way of comic writer/artist Brian Wood's blog. It's for a company called Leber Jeweler Inc. and they make their pieces from reclaimed and recycled metals and gems that are environmentally mined and conflict free (the diamonds are Canadian). They are also really beautiful. I find a lot of jewelry I see in stores is quite gaudy, and I hate the way most engagement rings set the gem really high up, which is a surefire way for me to get it caught on everything and cut into my finger, but these rings of a subtle uniqueness that really appeals to me. Not to mention that it provides a way for Nyron and I to satisfy our need for wedding rings without having to support the unethical and earth-injuring practices of the large-market jewelry industry. I very much like the "Emma" ring for an engagement ring and Nyron and I both like "Linus" for wedding bands. Now you can "spend all you life trying to get that ice" without it costing the earth. : )

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home