Monday, May 29, 2006

Update: we are open afterall.

Working on the assumption that people would probably be late, I called work again and was rather surprised to get a response. We're open and a smattering of students have done whatever they needed to to get to school. If only there was this much dedication in high school! But then, students didn't have to fly around the world and pay hundreds of dollars to attend high school.

I was told that even the Director doesn't think she'll be able to come in today and it's really my choice. I love the idea of another day off, but a nice quiet school day is excellent for getting work done, so I decided to at least attempt to make my way downtown. I called Nyron and woke him up, but I really didn't want to force him to drive me in if he didn't feel up to it. He went out with his friends to play basketball last night and doesn't have to be into work until 2pm, so I wasn't expecting him to jump out of bed and run to my rescue. Especially since I might have an equally hard time getting home. So here I stay until I hear that the strike has been stopped or some other plans are made.

0( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home