Wednesday, October 25, 2006

High in the sky

Christmas is far too few knitting days away and my mom has already bought my plane ticket home for the holidays. I'm not a fan of plane travel in general; it's small and cramped, the food is awful, and I always forget to buy gum and have to sit through 2 hours of ear popping. But the thing that concerns me most, of course, is the carbon emmissions. While I only take 1 or 2 return flights a year, it worries me that I'm basically counter-acting all the carbon saving I do by spending 2 hours on various means of public transportation each day.

Luckily, I'm not the only one concerned about this, as indicated in a recent article on Treehugger. They list 5 instances of environmentally conscious aviation, including a plane that runs on AA batteries! Check it out!

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home