Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm not into New Year's Resolutions, they're usually the best way to set yourself up for disappointment and add to the January Blues. However, I have made one resolution that is simple and immediate enough to keep. I've resolved to finally get my spare room turned into a creative and usable studio space.

Nyron, as usual, is being a big help in this. He has a few weekdays off this week, so he is spending that time painting the walls in two lovely shades of mossy green that I picked out. We got the paint at an independent Behr Paints dealer down the street from my home who special ordered Behr's EcoSpec low VOC paint. After all, this is supposed to be my serene, creative space; I don't want it to give me headaches and cancer!

On the weekend we're getting a set of Ikea shelves so that I can keep all my materials organized and accessible. As my birthday present, Nyron is buying me a sewing table so I can finally take my sewing machine out of the lonely box I stored it in when I went to England. I can hardly wait to be re-united with my beloved sewing machine! Oh, how I miss it! Oh, how my pants have gone sorrowfully unhemmed! I'll update with photos as soon as everything's done. I might even invite some of my crafty friends over for a studio-warming.

o( )__

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home